The Business Case Guide
Published by Solution Matrix Limited
The complete in-depth guide to building the business case. Written with the depth and detail that finance and business planning professionals require, the Guide is also rich in practical help and examples for those with little or no background in those areas.
The classic "How to" guide for creating a compelling business case.
Reviewed by Pat Dugan, New York, NY.
"The Business Case Guide by Marty Schmidt is the most comprehensive and practical document I have come across on how to develop a business case. It does a wonderful job of looking at the design of a business case from a strategic point of view as well as looking at the elements of a good business case from a very tactical perspective. For those of you who are looking for a "how to" approach to create a through business case or are looking to improving your current skills in business case design and development this is a must read! Every page of my book is highlighted or marked from my constant reference to the book as I build cases in the business world."
Reviewed by Mike Dartanni, Deltona FL USA
"This book is worth every penny because it's thorough, logically sequenced, and does not go off on tangents. It remains focused on business case development and presentation as a process, and this is what separates it from a myriad of other books on the subject ...."
The latest edition of the Business Case Guide provides clear, practical answers to questions like these and dozens of others.
- What are the main features of a strong business case?
- What should I do first in my case building project?
- What is management looking for in my business case results?
- What is included in a complete business case?
Step by step guidance and examples all the way
The Guide has been recognized as the standard source for those who build the business case since 1999, when the first edition appeared. One reason is its focus on step by step guidance and examples—especially for non financial people building a business case for the first time:
- The case-building project: Making the best use of time and resources.
- Understanding the meaning of ROI, net present value (NPV), total cost of ownership (TCO), and other financial metrics. Choosing the right financial metrics for your case.
- How to project cost and benefit results in cash flow terms, including ash flow statements that score high in credibility with financial specialists.
- Essential components of the business case report.
- How to package and present the report for maximum impact.
Experienced and first-time case builders often struggle with some of the same case building issues. The Guide provides easily implemented solutions for issues like these:
- Measuring the financial value of "soft" benefits
- Minimizing uncertainty and measuring risk
- Handling business case critics
Proven methods and proven benefits
The Guide is a single resource for the same tools, methods, and expertise that we deliver to companies and organizations like ABB, BP, Cisco, Ericsson, IBM, McDonald's, Microsoft, NASA, NSA, Royal Bank of Canada,US Department of Defense, SAP, and others.
The Guide provides a methodology and a framework with proven benefits for case builders and their organizations:
Consistency from case to case means less case building time and effort, and more confidence when results are evaluated.
Non financial professionals have the means for communicating business value to financial specialists.
Competing proposals are compared fairly and evaluated by the same measures.
Business and government requirements for accountability are readily met.
- The number of missed opportunities and costly mistakes is reduced.
Order the Business Case Guide, PDF Ebook. US$ 39 Pre-pubication price.
$49 after 30 April. Place a prepublication order today, receive a complimentary copy of the 2nd Edition today and the 3rd edition with be shipped on 30 April.
About the author, Marty Schmidt
President, Solution Matrix Ltd.
The Essentials or The Guide?
- Business Case Essentials, 4th Edition (110 pages) is a concise, complete introduction to business case analysis for those in private industry, government, or non profit organizations. Essentials focuses on what belongs in a business case and why.
- The Business Case Guide, 3rd Edition
(424 pages) presents the same proven business case structure and
content, with additional in-depth focus on the case building
process and cost/benefit estimation.
Order both Ebooks online:
Receive a full refund for these products when you register for a Solution Matrix Limited Business Case seminar!
By Marty Schmidt. Copyright © 2004-2016.