The most frequently cited business case authority in print.
The concise, complete introduction to case building and analysis. Assumes no prior background in finance or business planning. Printed, eBook (PDF), and Kindle editions available.
- How do I prove that one choice is the best business decision?
- How do I show that all relevant costs and benefits are included? That alternative action proposals are compared fairly?
- How do I establish value for benefits—even non financial benefits?
- How do I build a "business case" when I am in government, or a non profit organization?
- How do I minimize risk and show management how to maximize business results?
Since 1998, Business Case Essentials has helped professionals in all lines of business develop practical answers to such questions. Essentials was first published as a white paper in 1998 and expended regularly, in response to reader requests. With nearly one million copies in circulation, it has become the world's most frequently cited business case resource. Now published in its 4th Edition as a 110 page book, Essentials is the leading complete, concise, authoritative guide to what belongs in a business case and why.
...Essentials is exactly what it says it is, one of the few
practical references on business cases available...an essential first
step in a comprehensive business library, and should be stocked on the
shelves of every company looking to maintain a critical advantage in
these shifting waters of economic growth and recovery.
Eric Jones, Book Review.com, Read the review.
Wht's New in the 4th Edition?
- The PDF E-book Edition now features clickable links throughout for easy navigation, including Table of Contents, Index, cross references, and live links to additional in-depth online resources.
- Business Case Structure is fully integrated with the Solution Matrix Limited 6D Design Framework (DEFINE • DESIGN • DEVELOP • DECIDE • DEPLOY • DELIVER).
- 60+ text contributions from earlier Edition reader feedback.
Proven methods and proven benefits. Essentials is the textbook provided to participants in Solution Matrix Ltd Business Case seminars. It presents the same structured approach to case building that we deliver to organizations like ABB, BP, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, IBM, McDonald's, Microsoft, NASA, NSA, Royal Bank of Canada, the US Department of Defense, SAP, and others. Like our companion publication, the Business Case Guide, the Essentials provides a methodology and a framework with proven benefits for case builders and their organizations.
About the author, Marty J.Schmidt
President, Solution Matrix Ltd.
Order online . . .
The Essentials or the Guide?
- Business Case Essentials, 4th Ed (110 pages) is a concise, complete introduction to case analysis for those in private industry, government, or non profit organizations. Essentials focuses on what belongs in a case and why.
- The Business Case Guide
(254 pages) presents the same proven case structure and
content, with additional in-depth focus on the case building
process and cost/benefit estimation.
Order both Ebooks online:
Receive a full refund for these products when you register for a Solution Matrix seminar.