Business Case Essentials
By Marty Schmidt.
4th Ed., Dec 2013. 110 pages
ISBN 978-1-929500-11-6 (Ebook) / 12-3 (Printed)
The most frequently cited business case authority in print.
The concise, complete introduction to case building and analysis. Essentials was written for those who need to learn quickly what belongs in a business case and why—those who need to build a compelling case of their own in the shortest possible time.
Essentials assumes no prior background in finance or business planning. Since its First Edition in 1998, Business Case Essentials has helped professionals in all lines of business answer questions like these:
- How do I prove that one choice is the best business decision?
- How do I establish value for benefits—even non financial benefits?
- How do I measure and minimize risk?
- Can I deliver practical guidance for maximizing business results?
- How do I build a "business" case when I'm in government?
Now in its 4th Edition with nearly one million copies in circulation, Business Case Essentials has become the most frequently cited business case
resource in print.
Wht's New in the 4th Edition?
- The PDF E-book Edition now features live links throughout for easy navigation, including Table of Contents, Index, cross references, and in-depth resources online.
- Business Case Structure is fully integrated with the Solution Matrix Limited 6D Design Framework (DEFINE • DESIGN • DEVELOP • DECIDE • DEPLOY • DELIVER).
- 60+ contributions from readers in private industry, government, and non profit organizations.
Proven methods and proven benefits. Essentials is the textbook provided to participants in Solution Matrix Ltd Business Case seminars. It presents the same structured approach to case building that we deliver to organizations like ABB, BP, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, IBM, McDonald's, Microsoft, NASA, NSA, Royal Bank of Canada, the US Department of Defense, SAP, and others. Like our companion publication, the Business Case Guide, the Essentials provides a methodology and a framework with proven benefits for case builders and their organizations.
About the author, Marty J.Schmidt
President, Solution Matrix Ltd.
Order online . . .
The Essentials or the Guide?
- Business Case Essentials, 4th Ed (110 pages) is a concise, complete introduction to business case analysis for those in private industry, government, or non profit organizations. Essentials focuses on what belongs in a case and why.
- The Business Case Guide
(254 pages) presents the same proven case structure and
content, with additional in-depth focus on the case building
process, financial metrics, and cost/benefit estimation.
Order both Ebooks online:
Receive a full refund for these products when you register for a Solution Matrix Limited Business Case seminar!
By Marty Schmidt. Copyright © 2004-.