Marty Schmidt is Founder and President of Solution Matrix Ltd, a management consulting and publishing firm dedicated to helping business professionals understand the impact of management actions on business performance.
Marty created Solution Matrix Ltd in 1994, in Boston, and serves as Lead Consultant and Seminar Leader for Solution Matrix Business Case Master Class Seminars. He is a recognized authority on Business Case Analysis and publishes frequently on topics in business analysis, applied statistics, and project management.
Marty grew up in Gary, Indiana, graduated from Calumet High School, received the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees from Purdue, and the M.B.A. from Babson College. Before founding Solution Matrix Ltd, he taught Psychology at the University of New Hampshire, created a Low Vision research program for the New York Association for the Blind. He also developed and directed and led International Marketing Programs for Digital Equipment (DEC) Europe in the 1990's.
Between consulting engagements and seminars, he is at home in Florence, Italy, pursuing Renaissance and Ancient History.
Solution Matrix Ltd.,
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Planet Ocean Communications,
Kailua, Hawaii USA
Association of International Project Management Officers, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Senior International Marketing Manager
Digital Equipment Corp Europe, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Principle Investigator in Low Vision
New York Association for the Blind, New York, New York USA
- Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellow in Low Vision Human Factors
Max Planck Institute and Humboldt Foundation, Bonn, Germany.
- Assistant Provessor of Psychology, University of New Hampshire, Durham, New Hampshire USA.
- B.S., M.S., Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana USA.
- CSS in Administrtion and Management, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts USA.
- MBA, concentration Finance, Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts USA
- Calumet High School, Gary, Indiana USA
- Captain, United States Army Medical Service Corps. Fort Sam Houston, Texas, and Fort Benning, Georgia USA.
Selected Online Articles by Marty Schmidt
- The Business Case Delivers Proof, Builds Confidence, Lowers Risk.>
- Formulate a Winning Business Strategy: How to Develop strategy and Measure Impact.
- Project Management by Statistical Process Control
- Internal Rate of Return: A Case of the Emperor's New Clothes?
- Do Soft Benefits Belong in a Serious Business Case?
- ROI is Not a Four-Letter Word!
- Government is not in Business! What Then is a Government Business Case?
- Where's the Case for Building Your Business Case?
- Business Case vs. Business Plan: Do You Know the Difference?
- Schmidt, Marty, Business Encyclopedia, Solution Matrix Ltd.,
ISBN 9781929500147, 2012-2019.
- Schmidt, Marty, Business Case Essentials, 5th Ed., Boston, MA, Solution Matrix Ltd ISBN 9781929500031, 2018
- Schmidt, Marty, Business Case Guide, 3rd Ed., Solution Matrix Ltd
ISBN 9781929500147, 2018
- Schmidt, Marty, Understanding and Using Statistics, Reading, California, Horizon. ISBN 978-1602299597, 2015
- Schmidt, Marty, Schedule Monitoring of Engineering Projects, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 1988, Vol.35 No.2, 108-114.