Your business case must score high in credibility, accuracy, and practical value.
Reaching those objectives begins by understanding that numbers alone do not make the case. How you design, develop and write the business case is as important as the return on investment (ROI) and other figures you project.
Welcome to the Business Case Website!
A solid business case gives decision makers the understanding and confidence they need to take action. You know you need a business case when you face questions like these:
- Can you support your proposal with a robust cost-benefit analysis? Also, please "make the case" that funding your plan is a sound business decision!
- The Project Management Office wants financial justification for all project proposals. Precisely what are they looking for in my plan?
- How do we measure return on investment ROI for products?
What is our ROI for marketing programs? How do we find out the ROI for professional training?
- The Capital Review Committee requires total cost of ownership analysis for significant acquisitions. What does TCO include? Also, how do you write a TCO business case?
Businesspeople facing these questions today know that business case is no longer just a job for Finance in the back office. In the current business climate, therefore, case-building responsibility rests squarely on those who propose and those who take action. As a result, product managers, engineers, consultants, project managers, IT directors, line managers, and many others, are learning that meeting business case needs means producing the case themselves.
Business case results include cash flow projections and practical guidance for managing actions and investments.
You may be facing such questions for the first time and have little or no background in finance and planning. Alternatively, you may have extensive experience in these areas, yet still need to get up to speed on what belongs in your business case, how to write the case, and how to "make" the case with a compelling presentation.
For your case building needs, either way, Solution Matrix Limited offers industry-leading solutions:
Step by step guidance and time-saving resources including the best selling books, Business Case Essentials and The Business Case Guide, professional grade templates and spreadsheet software to guide you through the financial math.
Take command of the 6D Case Building Framework™ in a business case seminar.
Earn professional education credit while you learn to design and build your case:
In-Depth definitions, explanations, and best-practice examples for over 1,000 core business terms and methods. Look up or search for terms such as:
For those with immediate decision support and planning needs, we offer the 6D Business Case Solution. 6D case-building projects deliver the highest quality results in the shortest possible time.
Over the last decade we have helped hundreds of individuals and organizations use the 6D Framework to obtain robust, practical answers to questions like these:
- How long before a new ERP system pays for itself?
- How do we put our capital review process into a business case framework?
- Is the business profitable for all partners in the proposed alliance? Are risks and rewards shared equally between partners?
We look forward to hearing from you to discuss your own case building needs.